GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Buzz Music

The amp I am using at the moment is a Laney GH50L and 4x12 cabinet. The guitars that I primarily am playing with it are an Epiphone SG Custom (tuned to D) and a Gibson Tony Iommi SG (tuned to C#). It is not noisy at all but the sound sucks. The wah is so weak when you add heavy distortion to the sound. However clean sounds it handles pretty well but because I play Black Sabbath there is gonna be alot of distortion there and this wah can't really handle it. That's why I am going to get a Parachute Wah. It is a remake of the old Tychobrahe Parapedal Wah, it sounds good with lots of distortion behind it.

This is not really what I am looking for in a wah pedal. It is a good pedal but just not what I want it for. I have been playing for 6 years now and I have been looking for a good wah tone for ages. I also own a Vox Wah and a Zakk Wylde Wah. The only way to get the wah that I want is to get a Parachute Wah. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't get it again.

I could depend on it if I had to. It is a very sturdy pedal, as all Dunlop pedals are. I would not use it at a gig though.

It is a wah just put a battery in plug it to your amp and guitar and rock it. It did come with a manual and an MXR catalogue.

Tedward
    it probly sounds WAY better with an overdrive pedal in front of it, but all i have used is with the amp overdrive and it is kind of weak. on clean it is amazing! it probly needs an adapter to sound better too. got this one for my birthday and it rocks. playing soldier side intro by SOAD sounds pretty coolon this wah
    NiK-117
    i have dis pedal, its well good. wahs arent really designed for super high notes on the e string, i cant name one solo where a wah pedal as used high up the e (past the 14th fret for example)