GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Music store in Illinois

I have an Ibanez GRG270DX, basswood body and a DOD 40 watt amp which I can't seem to identify or get anyone to do so for that matter but it works pretty fine. I can get a Hendrix sound from it and a Slash one too, even a Hammet one which is pretty damn awesome, but then again it's modded so I don't expect you to be able to do the same.

I play many styles, anything from Hendrix to Maiden to COB to Oasis and it works for all the styles where the artists use wah pedals. It's surprising what that lil mod can do to your sound! I just wish that it came with true bypass since it does tend to suck your tone imo but yea, I can get the guy at the shop to do it for 40 bucks US. It also drains batteries really fast so I suggest getting a power cable for it.

This one would score a perfect 10, it's freakin solid. And you can feel it. I would definitely use one without a backup since it's so well built. It really is heavy. I sometimes use it as a paperweight. You definitely can depend on it yea. And how often do people buy two wah pedals? I would definitely use one without a backup, partially due to insufficient funding and the need to buy other effects!

It's real easy to use, jsut plug in a rock the pedal back and forth. Slide it forward for treble and back for bass. It's a real basic pedal so there aren't any features such a Q control and stuff you see on newer wah pedals but it works well enough. I didn't really like the sound out of mine, it didn't have much sweep, it could only go real trebley or bassy, there was no in between. imagine haveing two extremes but nothing in between. So I changed the 33k resistor for a 100k one and the 0.01F cap with a 0.068F cap. The first mod gave the wah a more vocal sound, think Vox Clyde McCoy, the second increased the wah range making it a lil more trebley.

Roybordom
    had_hc wrote: hmm.. i hav dis pedal... but i wonder y mine doesnt sound like wut u guys pictured... the WAH seems like doesnt work on high notes... is my amp hav anything 2 do wit dis? or is it jz da pedal?
    have you tried hooking up your amp,then your wah pedal, then your distortion pedal, then your guitar? it works for most songs if you try that.
    sp0ckr0cks
    i don't care what the wah says on the outside as long as it has a fasel inductor on the inside, however, i like vox and dunlop most.
    [A]cetate
    ya i have a crybaby, it ****in rules. through my vox amp, man that sounds sweet. but, it doesnt drain batteries like you said, ive had the same battery in it for a year and a half
    ZGS
    I kinda like it, but the original cry baby sounds way better, the problem with the GCB-95 is that it sounds weak on the high notes above the 13th or 14th fret.
    DrosteGuitar
    It's my favorite Wah Pedal and great for it's price, but the battery cover is pretty weak. It's out of place, being made of flimsy plastic on a steel body, and mine broke within 3 months. Easily fixable with some duct-tape, but I wish it was still intact.
    pizzabox
    Reviewer wrote: Relied on by Jimi Hendrix
    Hendrix used a vox wah idiot