GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: www.musicroom.com

I'm using it with a Epiphone SG Special and a 15 watt cougar practise amp. Sometimes the effect is weak but normally if you just pluck the strings a bit harder sounds perfect on whack up the sound on your guitar. I normally tend to play a lot of rage against the Machine so Tom Morello. The first song that made me buy this pedal was the cover of Renegades Of Funk. After a bit of fiddling with the amp settings and with tuning sounded fine. I have not yet used it with any separate effect pedals.

I play a bit of rock, metal and funk. So the pedal really funks it up and sounds good playing in dropped d. I've been playing for about 4 year but seriously playing for 2 years. When I started I started on an acoustic guitar which I don't regret I just wish I had got an electric guitar a bit sooner. If there is one question I wish I had asked does it come with a battery. If it was lost/stolen I would probably buy it again if I didn't get this model then I would get a DigiTech pedal. I didn't look at any different models. I think it would have been better if it had a power supply with it.

Yes I can depend on it. The only thing you really need to remember is a spare battery. Or buy one of the AC adapters. I don't think I would need to buy a back up but maybe after a couple of years. But it depends on how heavily used the pedal is. If you use it in 2 songs with a 10 song track list it's not really used. But if 9 of the 10 songs you played used it then it would be a good idea to buy a backup. The Pedal is very well made. Apart from one bit, which is the on the underside. There is a thin sheet of metal which is used to protect the electronics. I'm thinking of replacing it with something a bit stronger.

It is so simple to use just like all the other Cry Baby's. Straight out of the box. Plug in the jacks (very easy as it is written on each side of the pedal). There is a manual with it. Basically it just tells you where to put the jacks and the rocking motion needed operate it. There is also a catalogue showing you the different versions of the cry baby e.g. Slash.

High_o
    Enter Sandman. I got this pedal and its not versatile at all. The switch to turn it off and on broke. I returned it and it happened again. It also is not true bypass so if it dies, the sound doesnt go through to your amp.
    That's not true. it has a true hardwire bypass, which is not true bypass, but the signal can still go through if the batteries die or w/e as long as you just click it to the off position. on the topic of the wah, i have one, and they are solid,but i'd recomend modding them. its really easy and cheap, and you can make it much better. also, the hendrix wah is almost identical to this, and even if hendrix played crybabies, his would have been an older one, which were much better (but i'm pretty sure he played vox clyde mcoys most of the time, or some other vox, like on voodoo child etc)