GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Music City

My setup is guitar to Cry Baby, to a synth, to a distortion pedal and then into my amp. This pedal will not color your guitars tone, as some other wahs do, because it has true bypass. When it's on, however, it will change it a little. There's no noise except for a little "click" when it's engaged, and the Effect is strong. Not the Strongest I've ever heard (I think that was a Morley wah). But still great.

If someone stole this from my house, I'd be really freakin' pissed off, hunt them down, make them give it back, then beat them up for taking it in the first place. The control and quality of this pedal is amazing, making it one of my favorate peices of gear that I own. The only thing I dislike is those Velcro pads. I think it's a fixable problem, but the store people are just lazy, they give me fixes like that alot. All in all, a great buy.

After maybe 5 months, I noticed the switch wasn't engaging. I took it back, and the store's solution was to Stick some Velcro pads up inside the pedal part, to make it easier to hit the switch. It still works, but it doesn't turn on as easily as it once did. It requires a little "snap" of your foot, but besides that, It's built like a tank. I've dropped it so many times, and nothing, not even a scratch! Solid metal. The only thing flimsy is the battery door, but that's nothing a little Duct tape can't fix.

Very easy to use. Push toe down until you hear a "click" and wah is engaged. Rock pedal to control the range and sweep. Click again to turn off. There's no hassle at all getting a good sound out of this pedal, especially once you become more skilled at controling the wah sound.