GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Ebay.co.uk

I play a Fender Telecaster through the wah, and into a Marshall MG100HDFX with an MG412 cab. It's a quiet pedal, not really adding any particularly recognisable noise to that already caused. The effects have that hard hitting sweeping 'wah' sound present on so many classic songs, such as 'Brave Tales of Ulysses' by Cream, 'Voodoo Child' by Jimi Hendrix, and almost every solo Slash has ever played. With this pedal, and some guitar playing ability, it is easy to figure out exactly what you have to do to get the classic sounds of guitar legends. When I play with a chorus effect, it does sound as if tone suffers, but not to any major extent. And with a good distortion pedal, you can make an awesome sound.

I play mostly blue and classic rock, and this pedal allows me to explore the genres like never before. I've been playing for the best part of three years, and this was my first, and probably only wah pedal I shall ever buy. There is nothing to ask about this pedal, it does what it's meant to do. If it were stolen, I would probably give the Bad Monkey a test run, just to see how well it performs, as apparently it plays better under an arsenal of effects, but I have a feeling I'll always return to the mighty Dunlop. I love it. period. It has one feature, and it does it brilliantly, with a good vocal sweep range. I chose this one over the ever increasing competition because it's a classic everyone has to own at some point in their lives. If anything, I wish it came with extra cables and a modding guide, just in case. But that's me being experimentive.

This pedal is as durable as anything. As long as you have enough power in your 9v battery, this pedal will last a lifetime. When the bomb gets dropped, only these and cockroaches will be left. No backup would be needed for gigs as long as you keep a spare battery just incase.

Let's face it, it's a wah pedal. You'd have to be pretty simple not to understand that if you press the pedal down, you create a vocal sweep, making your guitar 'wah'. Within minutes, I was incorporating the 'wah' effect into my guitar riffs and solos. I didn't seem to get any sort of manual, though I suppose that's what happens when you buy from ebay. My only issue is how much of a stamp it is to turn the 'wah' effect off. This could not be operated sitting down, unless you have thighs of steel.

jamesdjharrod
    S0ulja23 wrote: guitar_god22 wrote: thebrewfan wrote: Shreddin 4 Life wrote: lol The "white thing" on top is just the caution sticker that comes w/ the pedal when u but it new... One thing u guys must know tho, Slash & Hendrix both used Crybaby's in the studio... (the old ones w/ the fiesel chip in them). Hendrix didn't use a Crybaby, he used a Vox you are an idiot. hendrix used a custom crybaby...thats why dunlop now makes a 'jimi hendrix signiture cry baby" Pretty sure Hendrix used a Vox Clyde McCoy for most of his career.
    Yeah, Hendrix used a Vox. The f*cking "Hendrix Corporation" sold the rights to allow Dunlop to make a Hendrix signature Crybaby, but he used a Vox. Digitech also do a Hendrix pedal, but there's no way he used one of those.