GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: ebay

I use this wah with a few Ibanez guitars and a Peavey Windsor. This particular model sounds good with clean or distorted sounds... although it does get a little muddy with distortion. This wah will fit most needs and genres. I play on modifying mine to get it a little less muddy and more vocal. Like I said, it will fit most needs for a wah.

I play rock and metal, and the GCB-95 is perfect. I've been playing for a few years now and I've owned quite a few effets. I bought this pedal to replace my Behringer wah that I bought when I first started playing. I wish I would have bought one of the other models that allow for more tone shaping, but having this one will allow me to mod it and gain experience in that area. All in all, I love this pedal and would definitely buy another one if something were to happen to this one.

Dunlop wah pedals are built very solid and can take the abuse. The GCB-95 is no exception. I have gigged many times with this thing without a backup. However, like I said above, these things eat through batteries. So bring extras or use a power supply. I'm the second owner of this pedal, and I've used it for a year with no problems to speak of.

Very easy to get Classic Wah sounds out of the GCB-95. Mine didn't come with a manual, but it's fairly straightforward. Step on it to engage, heel down for bass, toe down for treble, step all the way down to bypass it. No controls included on this model. These things drain 9V batteries fast! So I'd invest in a power supply if you plan on gigging with it. I personally use the Visual Sound One Spot system.

Gammas1
    I ordered one online yesterday, i just can't wait for it to arrive!
    djk55
    I got the crybaby on Christmas. When I took it home, the sound is so awesome. I had no issues with it and had a great time playing with it.