GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Sweetwater

I use this with my Ibanez ARC300 and my Fender GDEC 30. Sounds ok, has a sharp high end and the lows could use a bit more boost, but great for getting that hendrix tone and classic rock. A solid Wah pedal but much better wahs for the price. Needs to have some controls to adjust the tone.

I normally use this for classic rock and does the job pretty well. I have been playing for over 6 years and currently my gear is includes: Ibanez ARC300, Fender GDEC30, GCB-95 Crybaby, Boss DS-1, Boss BD-2, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker, Boss DD-6, and Boss CE-5. Got this for a christmas present so probably would not have been my first choice for a Wah in the same price range. If it were stolen or lost I would probably look for something else with some controls to adjust tone and sweep. I love how simple this pedal is but hate how you can only get one sound out of it. Favorite feature is ease of use. A good beginner Wah if you just want that Classic Wah tone, but eventually you will want more from a Wah with more cababilities.

This thing is a tank. Not many things to break or fall apart on this pedal. Have dropped it numerous times and it always performs. Very reliable for me so far. No problems in the 2 years I've had it. Have never gigged with this pedal but probably would without hesitating because of its reliability to perform no matter what so far in my 2 years of use.

Bad thing about this pedal is it will always sound one way. No fine tuning or adjustments can be made to the tone or sweep. Just your main back and forth sweep control and your bypass Switch when depressing the toe of the pedal. Manual is pretty strait forward and simple. Battery instructions and so forth.