GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Simply Music Huntingdon

I have been using it with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Blackstar ht-5 valve amp and it sounds amazing. Its quite hard to get a subtle sound from it tho, its pretty much full on or swithched off so it can be hard to get the sounds of some artists I like, (slash for instance, but I would reccomend his sig pedal for that!)

I play blues, rock, metal etc. And its been great for everything I have used it for. If it was ever lost or stolen I would definatly get another 1, because it is just great fun and gives an awesome edge to ure soloing! I love everthing about this pedal, but if there was nething I'd want it would be some control over the subtlety (or lack of!) the effect. Hope this helps.

I have not used it for gigs yet, but, its a very heavy tough piece of gear and will last and I wld quite happily take it to gigs with me without the worry of it breaking down mid set. I have only had 1 9v battery in it since I bought and its lasted for a couple of weeks and I still have not had to change it, and it was a battery I took from another pedal so its reliable if you use batterys.

The crybaby couldnt be easier to use. Anybody can use this pedal to recreate the sounds of their favourite tracks as soon as you first step on it! The only problem I have found is getting used to switching it on/off during songs, it takes a little getting used to but not much.