GCB-95 Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby

Purchased from: Music Club

It boosts the different ranges very well, especially the mids, and another good thing is that there is NO NOISE produced by it, no matter how you use it, I dont use a Noise Suppressor although I plan getting one for my Distortion units, but theres no hum from the crybaby. Put the distortion wherever you want to, Overdrive those tubes, and there will not be any noise FROM THE CRYBABY. Slash, Hendrix, Morello, many of my heros tones are on this pedal, personally I wouldnt buy any of the artist versions of the crybaby.

No matter what you play, theres a place for the Crybaby on your pedalboard, on your gear, and on your life. I play rock, blues, indie, punk, jazz... lots of things. And the CGB 95 fits in perfectly. It is durable, reliable... the only thing is that it is heavy, really heavy for a single pedal, but thats what you expect from such a strong rock machine.

Ive dropped it from really tall heights, accidentally dropped water on it, man, even once it got on the way of my drummer. It is incredibly resistant, no chips or dents. The treadle is very strong also. I love that from Dunlop, those stompboxes are for real life musicians.

The king of all plug n play pedals, the manual only explains how to connect it, how to install and when to change the battery, and the setting that Hendrix used. It says "connect, activate, and rock on". And it is true. The HOT Potz pot that controls the effect is really good, I havent tried the Fasel inductor versions (classic crybaby, zakk wylde, slash, etc...); but it sounds very good, the pedal travel is really broad so you can control every tone.

Uncle Manwich
    Most of the sound has to do with where you place your Wah pedal. This thing is built like a fortress though. If a burglar came into my house you can guarantee I'd smash his head with a Crybaby before anything else.
    Seref
    Not the best wah, but a good dependable (and affordable) one nonetheless.