GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I use it with a Epi G-310, and a Godin strat type. Can most definatly get a Hendrix type, Classic Wah out of the thing and it's built like a tank. Great high end, the low sounds a bit muddy for my taste however. With distortion it gives that classic hard rock thrash type sound, very fun to play with. Clean it sounds cool as well, I love the G. Dead 'Fire on the Mountain' type sounds that it can produce.

For hard rock to jazz I feel as though this is a very expresive and exelent effect pedal. If lost I would get another, it is very basic and adds a lot of range for low price.

It is very solidly built and dependable. My biggest problem with it is the adapter plug is right next to the patchcord, and adapter cord seems to always be on the oppisite side of where the outlet is located, so the cord runs under the unit. This has led to the cord coming out on me at a few inoportune moments. I would not gig with out a battery in the unit well as a adapter cord.

This wah sounds good. I use it with a Epi G-310, and a Godin strat type. Very easy to use, forward trble back bass.