GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: Cant Remeber

I play the Wah through a Line 6 Spider II 112, and a Gibson SG mostly. It sounds farely decent, but I am experiencing some minor tone-sucking and at high volumes I find it a little fuzzy. Another great use (besides Wah) is using the Wah as a tone control making it somewhat dual-puposed.

Overall it's not an amazing one-of-a-kind pedal but still very good. I've been playing for around 2 years and I play lots of classic rock and blues. This pedal fits my styles of music because of its association with the greats I mentioned earlier. If it were stolen I'd probably take a look at some others or just other Crybaby models, but probably not the same one.

I haven't had a problem to date but I've only giged it a few times. I would gig it without a backup just because I can't afford another Wah but even so it would probably be all right.

I'd have to say this is probably the easiest wah pedal to use out there. It a no-frills pedal with one input one output, which makes it exceptional for a begginer, all the way to a pro (Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy and David Gilmour used a similar model). As soon as it was out of the box I was able to easily play it and for futher clarification I checked my manual. Ease of use is an area where this pedal shines.