GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: Matchetts Music

It sounds pretty sweet. It gets that Classic Wah sound. However, there are two things wrong with it (in my opinion). 1 - you can hear it being switched on- it gives a "clunk". 2 - it's kinda noisy, unless you use a noise suppressor (I do) you can hear a swoosh most of the time when it's turned on, especially at full treble position. I also think it's not true bypass, and sucks a bit of tone. Still, it's very good.

I play it with an Ibanez RG470 through a Marshall AVT100 amp. I really like this pedal, it gives solos a real boost. I would buy it again if it were stolen/broken, although I maybe would look into some of the dearer models that have adjustable knobs (535Q or soemthing like that). Although, the advantage of the gcb is that its really easy to use.

It seems built like a tank. I haven't gigged with it, so that's not much of a test, but it feels very solid and rugged (and heavy).

It's a GCB-95 Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah. No adjustment of any sort is possible. You just turn it on by pushing down at the toe end. This takes a little getting used to, but once you get it it's like second nature. Then you just rock your foot back and forth, or leave the pedal in one position for that Michael Schenker tone.