GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: Paul's Boutique

I'm using an LP Studio, an Aria Pro II Inazuma-V and a homebuild Strat. I combine the CryBaby, with DegiTech Grunge, and a Morley Black Gold Volume Boost pedal. Put all of this through a Traynor TRM30. There isn't any more noise coming out of the CryBaby then you would hear on a Hendrix recording (minor tone sucking though). This wah is perfect for me, but some might not be happy with the range. I can get almost any sound out of this wah, alot of Tom Morello stuff, Hendrix, almost anyone who ever use a wah, used the CryBaby.

I play anything and everything, and the crbaby is a perfect match. I wouldt go for any other Dunlop wah, but the original. If you want a fuzz wah, get a wah pedal, and a fuzz pedal, don't get 2 in one. I got the pedal used, but there is a big difference between something old, and something classic. I would never loose any of my gear, but I would defenetly buy another if it was ever stolen. I love the fact that it's build to be absed. I'm almost 200 pounds, the pedal can support me standing on it, jumping on it, and kicking it around on stage. I compared the crybaby to a few Morley wahs, and a modded crybaby, liked this one more out of all the others, I love the simplicity.

The pedal is a tank, I could depend on it anyday. I would most defenetly use the pedal without a back-up, as long as I had a power supply for it.

It does not take mutch to get a great sound out of the crybaby, especially then you combine it with other effects! It's a wah, the further u push down, the more "wah" you get.