GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

I have a cheap Squier Strat with a Line 6 Spider II 30 watt amp. It's very crisp and fast. Not a lot of sweeping wah, unless you're really good with a pedal. The sound is always the same you can't decide the tone you want. It sounds just like any wah pedal you've ever heard it is just really inexpensive. I noticed that when I plugged in the memory settings on my amp were erased. But that wasn't a big deal since I don't have many settings saved on the amp. Also when you activate wah the volume goes down. Also, if the wah is activated and you play notes without using the pedal you get feedback. So you have to turn the pedal off when you dont want the wah anymore. Overall, good sound. I like the wah, but the little problems in the above paragraphs bring down the score.

I play mostly straight up rock. Like Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, etc. I have been playing for 2 years and like I said I own a Squier and a Line 6 Spider II 30 watt. I also have two Yamaha acoustics (by the way, I did the review of the FG700S Yamaha). I pretty much got all the info I need from the salesman at Guitar Center, so I knew what to expect. I would probably buy this again if I had the money. I love the sound of the pedal, the perfect wah you get is really what I wanted. I wish it had some tone options, though. Overall, I recommend this to anyone looking for a simple wah pedal. It's sturdy and the sound is awesome. This is a great buy for the price. I would give the overall a 9.5 if I could.

This pedal is made of armor! It feels so durable. If you're afraid of wear and tear-don't. This is like the tank of pedals. But the 9v battery drains moderately fast. I reccomend purchasing a power supply. That's what I did. I would definately use at a gig because it's sturdy and the battery won't drain if you turn it off after you're done with it.

It was very simple to use. All you do is hold dow the pedal until you hear a click and then it's on. It is pretty much plug-in and play. There wasn't much of a manual being that it's just a pedal with no knobs or anything.