GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: GAK

I use this through a Dean Baby Z and a Line 6 Spider II. No noise in the least, but it can actually control feedback, which is cool. When the batteries have gone, you have to turn it off otherwise it makes ur amp sound like crap. My favourite artists are Jimi Hendrix and Kirk Hammett, and you can easily get their sound out of this. Makes a bad solo good and a good solo great!

I play anything from Metal to Hard Rock to Punk, and it suits for them all. Great for blues or funk also. Been playing 2 years, it's easy to use tho so amount of experience doesn't matter. If somebody dared to steal this off of me, there would be pain, but if I lost it, I'd buy another, and theyre quite cheap anyway, so its not much of a problem.

I could drop this little badass off of the Empire State Building, and it would come back for more. It is a really tough little pedal. I would definately gig it without a backup, but I'd make damn sure to put new batteries in beforehand, or just use an adapter.

Anybody can use this pedal and make it sound good. Works brilliantly for funk, makes solos scream and gives everything a different feel. Guzzles batteries, so well worth investing in an adapter, or the Dunlop DC power brick. Easy to use, just put ur foot down til you hear a click to turn it on, then do the same to turn it off.