GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: Daddy's (used)

I use Ibanez SZ guitars and Kustom and Fender amplifications. It has a really good tone and expression quality to it. If you leave the pedal on with high amounts of over drive/distortion it can get feed back that is just crappy. I use this pedal moderately conservative. I don't go Slash on the wah, I use it when neccesary. It is a widely used pedal which means you could get about every artist sound, it's all in the method you use. It is more noticable on clean to light distortion and pretty good with delay.

I play hard rock/alternative/powerpop. It is almost a stereotypical match up having a Cry Baby, but I live with it.I've been playing almost 6 years now. I play Ibanez guitars. I wish this had a manual I could refer to. I love it's expression quality. I hate 2 things about it. It occasionally has a stubborn turn on. When ppl call it an effects pedal. it is an expression pedal. My favorite feature is that I own it for such a great price. I didn't compare it to other products, I'm impulsive like that. I chose it cause it was a great deal and it has various artist endorsing it. I wish it could be similar to a Morley in that if you so much as tap it, it activates.

I depend on it as much as I can but I have a spare one just in case. I would gig with a backup, only because I depend to heavily on the FX and expression pedals to get me through a show. If somethong goes wrong I have a back up pedal board to bring in.

It's not easy but it's not hard. It really is a factor if this is your first wah pedal. I got one used and it is really good for the shape it came in. I found the way to get your own sound rather then a good sound is just clear 3 hours from you schedual. Really it's only 30 minutes but I had homework I didn't want to do. Edit patching isn't that hard for me. I'm not aware of any manuals for this pedal.