GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Purchased from: Aage.dk

As I said I am using it with a Fender G-DEC practice amp. I use a Fender '69 Jaguar and a Gibson Les Paul Special Faded Worn Ebony as guitars, and they both sound terrific with the Cry Baby. I also use a Boss DS-2 distortion pedal with it (which in my opinion, is the distortion pedal), and with distortion the sound is no less than amazing. I play everything from Pantera to Metallica and I can easily get the Enter Sandman sound.

If this were stolen, I'd beat the guy Who stole it, and use the pedal itself as a bat. Thats how hard it is. I just wish it had an easier way to turn it on and off, as sometimes you might not press hard enough, and other times you might press too hard, turning it off in the middle of a solo. Anyways, very good pedal, definately would recommend it, and its this cheap? I mean why? Well people, rock on.

Are you kidding me? This pedal is like a panzer tank! I could throw it on the floor (though I wouldn't recommend it) without breaking it. I would certainly use it on a gig without a backup (which I also do). The only problem is its weight, which causes me some trouble when I have to wear a Boss DS-2, a Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus, a Baby Powersupply and my guitar in one guitar bag.

Let me start off with saying, that the first time I used this pedal, I had it all figured out! The controls are so easy, you just press down the pedal to turn it on/off, and when its on, just press the pedal softly down to get that sweeping wah sound. It works best with a trebly sound, in my opinion, but on a small Fender G-DEC (which is a practice amp), it tends to feedback once in a while. Anyway, great sound.

zhungyi
    torstmann
    Jimi Hendrix didn't use dunlop he used Vox. and tapper 12. Vox ivented the wah-wah!!!:#
    miker3030
    how do you brake a cry baby mine is like a rock it just sits on my effect bored
    AllOpenStrings
    torstmann : sorry, Jimi used dunlop torstmann, you were right the first time. he used vox. i read it up. keep your damn facts straight. id buy a vox if i had the money but i got a orig crybaby and im not disappointed what so ever
    d_lord1
    which is better, original crybaby or GCB95 crybaby, i found them both for pretty much the same price but cant decide which to get
    rhcp-legends
    original crybabys are one of the best wahs around and its pretty cheap compared with some others
    Chickenfrmheck
    Lgndkllr777 wrote: Bombdizzle, you shouldnt buy something like that on eBay.
    i bought a rogue wah off ebay(big mistake) and it sucked now, i got one of these in the mail, hope its good
    whitey314
    is this pedal good for heavy rock and metal and does it give you a kirk hammet/slash style tone
    Danis1
    CKY>YOU : hey tapper 12 why didn't you just put a 9 volt in the pedal instead of buying a cable for it ^ Dude the battery runs out quick and he meant an adapter when he wrote cable and plug
    CKY>YOU
    SGMAN911
    I think this pedal is great but, i went throw 3 of these things in a year, they just kept breaking, but when it does work its a pretty nice piece of machinery
    GuitarDudeHosef
    awsome pedal, the only problem is that im retarded and didnt get the adapter and didnt realize the battery ran out and i was wondering why it wasnt working, i do mostly Metallica and it works wonders, but it still does anything
    abigblackman
    i like my crybaby but i find in my strat with texas specials, when using the bridge pickup that there is a very narrow band where it produces this god-awful screech. my lp or any of the other pickups in the strat are fine, just this very narrow band with that particular combination. otherwise good basic solid wah. what more do you need?
    awesomegear16
    Cry-Babys rock! I own a Zakk Wylde Signature Wah. It gives that wah tone for the harder rock or metal players. Dunlop has produced awesome wahs
    The Master Plan
    Cry Baby Wah isnt good if you compare it too Buddah and the Picture Wahs. The Dunlop's Specialize in tone sucking and cracking popping noises. If you gonna buy a wah don't even think about picking up a Dunlop.
    AznInvazn666
    zhungyi wrote: Steve Vai doesn't use a Crybaby I believe. If I'm not mistaken, he uses a Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah instead.
    Yes you are absolutely right. I play metal so I prefer the Dime Crybaby from Hell