GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

I generaly use either my Gibson SG Standard, or my prs se one with a Line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp. It can only be noisy sometimes if you use crunch style settings but with very little trebble, and very little distortion, the difference to the sound is amazingly strong, even on clean let alone with distortion. Although only if you use almost the full range of wah I.e. "up" to "down". I can easily get the sound of somebody like Hendrix, or Clapton with this pedal, even though Hendrix usually used a srat and I use an sg. I would recomend using low distortion levels at high volume, and high distortion levels at low volumes, corus, phaser, or sometimes even tape echo all work very well.

I mainly play rock/blues which it greatly suits, I have been playing for over five years now, I own 5 guitars and 1 amp, and this pedal works to near perfection with all of these. I have never regreted buying it, and the only thing I wish I'd asked is "do you know of anywhere I can get a battery." If I lost this or for some reason it broke down (which don't see happening) I wouldn't even consider buying anything else. I love everything about this there is nothing I don't like aboout it. I looked at endless other products and this is cirtainly the best thing I could of bought, exellent value for money I couldn't ask for anything else.

I could depend on this for years, durability if not something to wory about I would definatly use this at a gig without a backup, and if I needed a backup for something else this would be it. I have never had a problem with it yet, and I don't think I ever will. If you think battery life is going to be a problem, well your wrong because as long as you unplug the instrument cable from it it last ages (obviously while your not using it). I've had it for over 3 months now and haven't canged the battery once! Or there is a mains adapter available to buy, I'm not sure how much it is but I shouldn't think it's too expensive.

I got home greatly exited to use my newest peice of equipment, only to find I was lacking a nine volt battery, once I had that sorted I plugged it in and naturaly played the intro to voodoo child. The range of tone is fantastic and so easy to get, often if I just want a very thin sound that I can't obtain from my amp, with this I can just leave it in the "down" position. There are no editing patches on it however as this is was first ever external effect I was aware of this and I only wanted the basics, I didn't desperatly need andything else. The by-pass switch is an exellent addition because it saves me unplugging the pedal, and it stops the normal buzz you would get from a pedal without the switch. It does say in the manual however that you should unplug the cable from the instument socket to save battery life. I have not yet use a firmware rivsion number, and it remain un-upgraded as there is simply no need to upgrade it it is just so good.

Sink-the-pink
    by the way i sink the pink acctualy paid 70 for it but for some reason it just hasn't shown up on the review