GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

Okay so my setup is a Epiphone sg(possible one of the very best made, as it feels and plays like a real Gibson one)and then a Fender frontman amp, and the wahwah in between, I use regular patch cords. it sounds great and if you have a distortion pedal definatley put that before the wahwah for maximum pedal sound. The only problem is the high screach on certain notes at diferent degrees of the pedal, but it really gives it an authentic feel. the only sound you hear is the click of on and off.

Definatley a buy again, and with diferent signature models by them I would trust them, I compared it to other similar pedals and cheeper versions. This was definatley the one to get! No regrets on this buy! I wish it had some knobs for how deep the range can go. because at times it seems like it's a little shallow for a wahwah. but it is the original and there is a more expensive one with knobs. But I play pretty much all styles of music(blues, alternative, metal, hard rock, rock, ) and it fits pretty good with all of them.(obviously it fits with blues perfectly. Nothing I regret on this buy.

Definatley very sturdy, and reliable. If it broke(it wouldnt) I wouldn't need it that much. but it does really give some good sound! I don't like other sounds except for crybabys. so I wouldn't bring a backup unless it was for a diferent sound. but this thing would hold up. It's got really good battery life but for a gig always bring a 9 volt or 2.

This wahwah is the best I've tried ever! you won't believe it, it's got a great sound, easy to use, and easy to learn how to make a great sound. Crybaby really knows what they're doing here, I've tried a couple other cheaper wahwahs and they aren't nearly as good and sturdy as this. This wahwah is definatley the one to get. other signature models by crybaby are also very good including hendrix signature and evh signature. the manual for the wahwah is easy to read and understand. It even gives you a good setup if you own a distortion pedal, for the maximum sound. Guitar, distortion, wahwah, amp. I think even without a distortion pedal it sounds pretty damn good!