GCB-95 Cry Baby Original review by Dunlop

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Dunlop: GCB-95 Cry Baby Original

I use a Randall RG75DG3 Combo Mosfet system amp, A Zoom G1 multi-effect processor and with my Squier stratocaster and they all sound great together. the sound is very mellow, althought when full pushed down I tend to get quite a bit of feedback. A nice trick is to play a short lick over and over fast while slow pushing the pedal down. SOUNDS GREAT! Another nice trick is to leave the pedal on about half-way down and just leave it there to add some warmth to your tone.

I play mostly classic/modern rock, blues and jazz. This pedal definitely without-a-doubt suits it, and many other genres as well. I have been playing guitar for about a year now, and instruments in general for 10 years and this met my high expectations in sound, but not in durability. Despite my unluckiness I would buy another purely beause it IS the best sound wah pedal out there but maybe I would do a bit of research into it's durability. The sound is pure bliss and I am confident all will agree with me, as is it simplicity. The only two things that detract from it is the fact that it broke after 1 day and an on/off led would have made life easier.

Unforunately I think I got unlucky. I worked fine for the first day no problems, but on the second day of having it I noticed that it would not turn off when I clicked it, in fact I put ALL my weight on it and it still would not click off. When I managed to finally click it off it turned on too easy. I figured I have a broken Switch which is a real dissapointment since I hear these last quite a while but mine lasted one day. I am assuming I'm very unlucky but it was still a great dissapointment. For this reason I would NOT gig without a backup.

The crybaby shines in it's ease of use. Step on it and hear the click and you have yourself a great wah tone. Step on it again and hear the click and it is turned off. Simple, a monkey could work this out. No manual needed, battery compartment is udnerneath the pedal so it's not tricky at all, but I prefer to use an adapter as it is more reliable.

KH1305
    Im Guessin This is good for Kirk Hammett' s Solo's ? Im tryin to find the right wah for Metallica Stuff Im Tryin To Find The Right Wah pedal before i go and blow all my money on somthin terrible,
    A3r0sm1th
    Yeah I wanna get this! Kirk Hammett talks about how much he loves/uses this pedal, and I love his sound