GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic

Purchased from: Act One Music

I use a Crate GT212, and a MRW Les Paul copy guitar. It only makes a bee in a can sound on low volume when the gain is high, but one you put the vlume up there is no more bussing sound. The effects of the pedal are really strong, there is no note where you can't hear the pedal. My idol is Slash and I can get a pretty close sound that he has. Same goes to Hendrix. I think distortion and the clean channel's work wonders. But you get such a clearer sound from it on the clean channel.

I play a range of music from blues, hard/classic rock, and metal or heavy metal. I've been playing about 9 months now. And I own just a Crate GT212 and my MRW Les Paul copy. There is nothing I had wished about asking. I asked all teh questions I had to before I baught it. If it were stolen I would definetly buy another or try and find Who ever took it. I love the classic sound it has it has a "brigher" tone than the original cry baby. I compared The Classic Cry baby to Dunlops Original, and the Vox Wah pedal, and I liked this one the best out of the 3.

The wah has never broke on me. And I can depend on it 100%. I've dropped it a couple times and it hasn't broke on me yet, and I don't want it to. It's pretty damn sturdy in it's black die cast body. I would definetly go out and gig with this without a backup, I just can't see why it would breakdown on me if it were ever to.

The Classic Crybaby comes with a fazzel inductor which in my opinion has a nice warm/bright tone. It's pretty basic to use, you push down to turn it on and you move the pedal up and down, and push it down to turn it off. The manual tells you things like how to get a heavy tone, a very treble like sound or a very bassy fuzzy sound. So it's fairly educational if you have no idea what you're doing. It's only a small little booklet that tells you 4 points. But I had no idea what I was doing and read the manual and it told what I had to do.

[B]C [R]ich
    last week i tried the classic, the zakk wyld, the dimebag n the slash wahs...n all in all i gotta say the classic was my fav. the ZW didnt have a great sound to it, the dimebag was like that to, n the slash one was pretty kool i just didnt wanna pay an extra 150 bucks for the gain and wah controls which i dont even use
    adam_mace
    I got mine for $90CAN and i love it. I like playing GNR so this pedals great (of course they later come out with the crybaby slash model after i buy this)
    tairen
    well you know, i live in Europe (holland) crybaby's 99 here rly O_o
    doobuzz
    Mine broke within the first hour or so I think i was just unlucky though. The shop couldnt get it to work either and swiftly gave me a refund...
    smb
    You'd have to be an idiot to buy this. Get an Original Crybaby and swap the inductor, save a load of cash.
    MESAexplorer
    Yeah, the canadian price would be at least $25 more for the actual pedal and another $25 for shipping. I have a crybaby from the 70's and this one sounds similar to it, not quite the exact same, this one has a little more sweep for the more modern music and more distortion. I still prefer a Bad Horsie.
    guitar_amateur
    don't forget about currency! tintin8 and sleaze disease probably dont live in canada, which is probably why the canadian price is higher
    ^Slash^
    Weird. I live in Canada though? The lowest crybaby I could find here was like 110ish.
    TinTin8
    ^Slash^ wrote: I got it for the same price as an Original Crybaby. I paid like 120 for it. Most places here sell it for that. I got a deal so I took it.
    crybaby's are 90 ish here
    ^Slash^
    TinTin8
    jamrockradio wrote: smb: dude, have you no respect for tone? the fasal inductor makes it sound so much better. everyone knows that dumbass
    he said change the inductor your self ... its a 3 cent piece ... why pay more for it
    smb
    So buy the inductor and put it in a Crybaby yourself, like I said, and save a bunch of cash. Read what I said, dumbass.
    guitarNbass
    I have this pedal, and it's the only pedal that I'm ever going to have.. it's amazing, and good for any style of music.
    jamrockradio