GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

I play a Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender Telecaster (59') and use a Vox Valvetronix 100 watt, and a Vox Ac30. It doesn't really sound that great through these. I get a lot of noise after I stop playing for a rest. However Through my Orange thunderbird 100 watt. this thing is gods gift. the wah comes through and goes so eirie that your neighbors will complain. I play a lot of Zeppelin. and for when we decide to do a set and play Zeppelin one along with our originals. this thing does everything I want. the shoebox effect on Communication Breakdown, the screech of Dazed and Confused, to the intro of How Many More Times. I love this amp, it does me as well as Jimmy.

I play blues, hard rock, metal, acoustic, jazz, swing, and Zeppelin (a class of their own R.I.P John Bonham) I have been playing since I was 5, I'm 17 now. adn I own a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, Line 6 150 watt spider three. two stratocasters, Gibson SG, Yamaha 12 string. Marshall 1959-SLP. With two cabs 4x12 (Mesa). needless to say I'm in this for the long run lol. If I had anything to ask the guy it wouldve been if I could get another set of strings for the Yamaha. And if someone stole it I would plug in the other one, and then go kick the guys ass. And shove the Boss V-wah where the sun don't Shine. Other then that I love it it cranks through the Orange which is my Live amp along with the Marshall. My rhythm guitarist uses a danlectro wah which he's now banned from using. It sucks. And I only wish it had maybe a few different types of wah, but I take care of that with my effects board. Anyways hope this helps enjoy.

I can fully depend on this thing Live, however just like you have a extra guitar with you (in case a string breaks) I have another one just incase the battery goes, or worse it breaks. which I don't know why it would, but I can't take chances with stage performances. My band has just completed a tour of california, washinton arizona utah, and alberta, back through to my home in vancouver. I didn't change the battery once lol it was amazing.

The great thing about this pedal is it's simple, just plug in and rock your foot when your ready to roll. I have used the Boss v wah, and Vox wahs. but this one works the best I've found. Live studio, and just fooling around. Perfect for The Jimmy Page players. or original songs, very simple and even thought it's not complex like the Boss v-wah, you shouldn't be fooling around on stage, step forward to turn it on, and back to cool it off.

All_A_Reject
    worse depending on what zeppelin songs your playing. mostly the vox is better for other things the crybaby is what jimmy used so
    Guitar-Nooby
    I live in NZ and I Saw The SLASH WAH PEDAL for like $350 man thats a rip.. But ima get it anyway
    vodoochile
    Shablibbit
    vodoochile wrote: I would stay away from this pedal. The one I bought about a year ago has a really harsh sound to it, and the wah is uneven, in that, you can move the heel around and not have much change at all, then it suddenly changes from the middle up to the toe. Im gonna check out the new jimi hendrix wah, since its not based on the crybaby design, but still made by dunlop. All 3 of those hendrix pedals should be great
    I agree with everything you said. If you want to help the sweep range issue, open the thing up and just rotate that gear about a quarter turn or so, so that the shaft turns farther. I did this, it takes like 2 minutes and it worked quite nicely. Now the range is much more smooth and balanced, not so toe heavy. Watch out for the yellow goo though, its nasty. All in all I dont know why I bought this thing, later I tried a vox wah in a store and it was so so so much better. Expensive though.
    screen21
    I bought mine like 4 days ago and the the footswitch wont click. And also it made an ugly dusty sound when i rocked the foot. I'm guessing it was the one pedal I bought so I'll return it for a new one ASAP.