GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic

Purchased from: Music Land

At the moment, I am using it with a Gibson-Baldwin LP and Fender Frontman 15G amplifier, that despite the low quality of instrument, I can still get a great sound out of it. Due to this, when I tried it out with my friends Fender stratocaster, I was blown away with the awesome tangy Hendrix-sounding effects. The crybaby will only ever become noisy if the gain is at top or very high setting and used repetetively for ages on end. With a bass tone and about a third gain, the crybaby is at it's best and is easiest to get the sound of many great artists e.g. Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton etc. If the sound is slightly weak, it could be a connection error in a lead, guitar jack or amp input.

I find that my mixture of Blues/Jazz/Rock/Metal music taste is well suited with my crybaby and it can adapt to the majority of music tastes and styles. In comparison to other wah/distortion/effects pedals that I have used in the past, the crybaby is definitely my favourite and most reliable. If I somehow lost possession of my prized crybaby, I would run to the shops and buy it before I even knew how it went missing! My favourite feature of the crybaby is definitely the sound quality from it, that when played, especially through a Fender, is the best wah (in my opinion) in the world. I could not hate anything about it, and it one of my most used and prized possessions. I think if I had to compare it to another effects pedal, I would have to choose a Morley Wah/Volume pedal, but despite being cheaper than the crybaby, it comes up nowhere near to the crybaby itself. The only thing I wish it had would be a cheaper price tag, but for the price I bought it, if you can afford it, I would seriously recommend purchasing an Dunlop Original Crybaby.

It is the most reliable effects pedal that I have ever purchased and is very dependable. The only problem at a gig I have ever had has been a faulty lead, so a backup saved my part on that one. I have known crybabys to last over 20 years without even the tiniest of faults, and are used in gigs professionally throughout the world.

Regarding sound quality, the crybaby can make your guitar (no matter what guitar) sound great. It's easy to get a good sound out of it and is pretty simple to use, so you hardly need the manual(which isn't hugely clear). By the way, this is the simple Original Crybaby, IOW the simplest of the crybabys.

MaidenJapan213
    Kynyster_K wrote: i think im gonna get the original
    dont get this one its a hell alot better trust me dude
    MaidenJapan213
    MaidenJapan213 wrote: Kynyster_K wrote: i think im gonna get the original dont get this one its a hell alot better trust me dude
    haha i mean get it its alot better than the original