GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic

I have an Epiphone SG and a Roland Cube, and sounds good with all of my built-in effects on the amp. The wah will sound very bad at high distortion, so if you're always going to be playing metal, go for the Zack Wilde signature or something of the like. I can only describe the sound one way on clean, liquid. It's just great. It's adds flavor to any riff and will sound good on some low distortion. If you leave in the "toe" position you'll get supercharged distortion and on the "heel" position you get a weird synth-like sound.

It sounds great for clean and distortion up to about "7." I like to whip it out for solos, add flavor to riffs, even make some ambient sounds. I'd definitely buy it again, it's a little pricey, but that's what it's worth. This is the only pedal you actually need. I suggest getting an adapter with it, you'll go through nine-volts pretty quickly. You can get an adapter for One-Spot for about 20 bucks, that's the one that I use. It's durable and will stand up to anything, just don't go too crazy with your gain.

At first I was cautious of using it but pretty soon you'll be walking all over it, it just can't break. There's some goo inside, I guess it's lube for the action, but it'll get hair and shit stuck in there, just don't touch that. There's not much else to say, it's made of goddamn metal, you can't break throwing out a ten story building =P (maybe exaggerating, don't try)

It's so easy to get that classic sound in funk and rock that you always hear. At first I wasn't so sure about manually rocking it, but you get used to it almost immediately, it's just like tapping your foot. You'll Pick it up in a breeze with almost no learning curve. The manual was straight forward, there wasn't really much to say. Put your toe down and you get a treble boost, put your heel down and you get a bass boost, put 'em together and you get a "wah".

KH1305
    This Pedal Is Only 69 Here I've Heard This Is The Pedal That Kirk Hammett uses? If Im Lookin For His Sound Would This Pedal Be The Right Choice?
    Metalhead3333
    muso_ chris wrote: here in australia, they're 280.
    shit, Im in aus and interested in one of these. surely you can get one cheaper then that?
    jsurf06
    even though the switch is off on mine, it drains my 9v before i get to use it next, does anyone else have this same problem?
    jsrocks8
    how come on my crybaby classic everytime I use it it makes a popping sound? is it broken or can i fix it?
    UneasyxKarma
    try the pedal yourself and make your own opinion . what other people tell you is right for them isn'y necessarily right for you
    Rancourt
    I just got a Dunlop new cry baby wah peddle model GCB-95 and had to had hard small plumbing washer with some good two part epoxy so the switch would reach and click properly. I hear it's a comon problem with these type of peddles but I must say I like it.
    Rancourt
    Rancourt wrote: I just got a Dunlop new cry baby wah peddle model GCB-95 and had to add a hard small rubber plumbing washer with some good two part epoxy so the switch would reach and click properly. I hear it's a comon problem with these type of peddles but I must say I like it.
    Rancourt
    I just got a Dunlop new cry baby wah peddle model GCB-95 and had to add hard small rubber plumbing washer with some good two part epoxy so the switch would reach and click properly. I hear it's a comon problem with these type of peddles but I must say I like it.