GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic review by Dunlop

Dunlop: GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic

Price paid: € 115

Purchased from: Music Max

I use the Wah with the Vox VT20 amp, at some point I also used the Boss distortion pedal. Sound is just amazing, especially with clean mods. I tried to imitate artists such as Vernon Reid, Santana, Jimmy Page, Robben Ford, Joe Walsh... The effect did hell of a job helping me imitate those great artists. Creating a breathtaking sound with that Wah is almost effortless.

I used the effect for genres such as: Blues, Rockabilly, Jazz, Heavy metal, and I was never disappointed with it's performance. I've been playing with the effect for about a year now and I'm still impressed how well it still works. As I said it's a good ting to have an adapter so you don't have to worry about any problems with charging. For the price this is one of the best products IMO.

At first I was using the 9V battery and the whole thing lasted Around two months. With the adapter the durability is limitless, the only danger is that the adapter will burn up. I believe the effect is very reliable so it could also be used on a gig. I've got it for about a year now and I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Using and installing the crybaby is very easy. All you need are input and output cables, for charging the effect you can use a)V battery and/or an adapter, which comes with with the effect or you need to buy it separately. Once the cables are plugged in and the effect is charged you can start using it. Using the effect is alse very simple - all you need to do is fully press the pedal down (to turn it on or to turn it off). At first it's easier to use the effect with bare feet, but when you once figure it out shoes don't matter.

DrShredder97
    I bought this pedal and I power it with a 9 volt battery as directed. Whenever I turn it on it almost doubles in volume. Other times I turn it on and it is silent and I have to unplug and plug back into the amp for it to work, and then it is extra loud again.Is it maybe because I don't have an adapter for it? How can I fix this? Please reply.
    idj
    What matters to me is the sound I'm looking for, and after trying a selection of them, this one gives me what I want. The Crybaby standard didn't do it. A Behringer wah that I was using until I could get something different was a complete tone killer. After sampling a few this one gave me the sound I want. (I didn't want to sound like anyone else, really, just like myself. : ) Great wah pedal. I'd buy it again if I had to, but it's really well built, so there shouldn't be any reason to.