GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic review by Dunlop

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Dunlop: GCB-95F Cry Baby Classic

Price paid: € 145

Purchased from: Dirk Witte

It is impossible for me to use this pedal in a normal way. I can't even get a good sound when I just strum muted strings, but when I used it in the store, it was very easy to operate. The foot movement works fairly easy if you tap it in tone with the music. It takes some getting used to at first, but it almost goes automatically after using it for less than a day. It really was a lot of fun to test it in the store, but my dreams got crushed when I got home. I give it a 6 in ease of use, because it's easy to use if the pedal works (but it doesn't work for me).

I bought this pedal after reading positive reviews about the sound of the pedal. I went to the store and give it a try. The sound was amazing and I bought one for myself. When I got home, the pedal sounded horrible on my amp and on a couple other amps that I tried. It sounds like there is sand inside the pedal when I move it up and down. I went back to the store and asked for a refund, but when I hooked it up in the store, the pedal sounded great with the same adapter, but a different amp. They blamed my cables and I bought new ones. It didn't do anything (except for costing me money.) and it still sounds horrible. I tried everything I could think off, from moving to other power outlets to changing it with 9 volt batteries, but I couldn't get it to sound like it does in the store.

The pedal is totally unreliable. It doesn't work correctly on most of the amps that I use. The sound gets amplified when I use it on the few amps where it doesn't sound too bad. So if I play with my band and activate it, I blow everyone away because of the difference in volume. I brought the pedal to the band twice and now it's just lying somewhere in my room. This pedal changed my opinion on wah pedals and made me very cautious about buying another wah pedal in the future. I will keep buying stompboxes that never have failed me in my life, but I'm not planning on spending any money on a wah.

I really hate this pedal. It cost me a lot of money to buy it and almost even more to buy new cables and adapters to fix the problems that I still have. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I would never buy another Dunlop wah pedal in my whole life. I own a couple of boss pedals and all of them have never let me down, while this pedal let me down on the day that I bought it. It really pisses me off because I really wanted to like this pedal, but I can't, because it's so unreliable that I never use it. If I had a timemachine, I would go back in time and made sure that I wouldn't have bought this pedal in the first place.