JC-95 Cry Baby Jerry Cantrell Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JC-95 Cry Baby Jerry Cantrell Wah

I'm running this Wah through a Peavey 6505 with a matching cabnit, I play it with a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR which has Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it, also along with an MXR Black Label chorus and an MXR GT Od overdrive. This pedal is not noisy at all on any setting through my amp and even with all the knobs dimmed on my MXR GT Od it still doesn't sound noisy. I'm not really the biggest alice in chains fan but this Wah sounds great I love it on the clean tone and overdriven it sounds Killer too. I'm really only using this Wah for its vocal like tones which is what makes this Wah so unique. This pedal Features the BLACK FASEL INDUCTOR.

I usually I don't play other bands music I really try and concentrate on my own music although our music is very influenced by the bands we listen to such as Bullet For My Valentine, Nirvana, Children Of Bodom, Escape The Fate, Trivium and various other bands. I've been playing for about 4 years and like I mentioned before I also own an MXR GT-OD overdrive, and mxr Black Label Chorus. I love Wah pedals and I also own a Zakk Wylde Wah, a Dime Wah From Hell, and I used to own a Slash Wah which I sold because I didn't like it and now I have a Jerry Cantrell Wah. If it where stolen I would defiantly hunt the bastard down and shove a pole up his a-s and then take it back because this is a very unique pedal and it gives me a tone that no other Wah pedal has. I love the pedals vocal like tone and there isn't really anything I hate about it other than I wish it was built like my Zakk Wylde Wah, my favorite feature on this pedal is the tone knob which you can get a really bright tone or a really dark tone without any muddiness. There is not anything else I wish it had other than a knob which I could control the sweep of the Wah but the sweep on this Wah is very nice and I already have a knob on my dime Wah which controls the toe down sweep of it. I apologize if this review isn't very good since it is my first written review.

I don't think this pedal is going to last a lifetime its not built as well as my Zakk Wylde Wah is and I'm pretty sure the tone knob will eventually fall off. People have said that after a couple of hours playing it they said that the on off jack breaks which mine hasn't yet and I certainly hope it doesn't. I would gig with it but only for certain songs usually I use my Dime Wah From Hell when gigging and recording.

This pedal is very ease to use and very easy to get a good vocal like tone from it. I have yet to discover the alleged talk box tones from I t though. It came with a manual wich like most of us I threw it aside and didn't even bother looking at it. It also features a single tone knob on the side so you can tweak the overall toe down frequency.

humbuckerrs
    Any idea how it compares to the Dime Wah From Hell? I heard people said the Cantrell doesn't have a big sweep. But I have problem sometimes with my Dime that it all stays too treble and can't hear any sweep, but most of the time it works fine, but not amazing. So I'm looking for a change...