JD-4S Rotovibe review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JD-4S Rotovibe

Purchased from: www.Zzounds.com

I am using this pedal along with my Marshall amp and my Stratocaster. I also sometimes use it along with a Dunlop Wah and a Boss DS-2 Distortion pedal. This pedal sounds great on both chorus and vibrato modes. This pedal sounds like a phaser if anything, not like a chorus or vibrato pedal. Some songs that sound great with this unit are "Breathe In The Air" by Pink Floyd with the chorus effect. Little Wing also sounds good in the chorus mode. "Lenny" by Stevie Ray Vaughan also sounds good with a little bit of vibrato. There is very little backround noise coming from this unit, and I use it along side with 3 or 4 effect pedals.

Overall, this pedal is great for modulation. It gives a phaser effect that you have a lot of control of, with speed and intensity. The chorus and Vibrato is also good, because it is like two effects in one pedal, which gives the unit more value. Great for rock, jazz, metal, you name it. If you aren't interested in other phasers or modulation pedals on the market, go for this one. I would buy another one if it was lost or stolen, even though it is $150, it is worth it.

Dunlop is usually very reliable. I haven't had a problem with this yet, and I haven't had a problem with my Dunlop Wah. I would use it without a backup. Very dependable to me, as all Dunlop units are.

This pedal takes a little bit of practicing to get used to, but once you get it down, its awesome. The expression part of the pedal (the part you rest your foot on) controls the speed of either the chorus or vibrato mode, depending on what you selected. The knob at the right hand side controls the intensity of the effect. The manual that comes with it is pretty clear and concise.