JD-4S Rotovibe review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JD-4S Rotovibe

I have several guitars that I run through it, and they all sound great, including the new Washburn Cumberland Acoustic that I just got. I run it through a Vox Wah and a Ibanez TS9 to my Marshall AVT 100 tube preamp. I haven't found noise, and the effect sounds great.

This is a great pedal. I've been playing for 2 years about and I can get a lot of sweet sounds out of this pedal. I recommend that you spend a few extra bucks if you are in the market for this pedal to buy the 9v adaptor. I'd buy it again if it were stolen or lost. I like the ease of control and the great sound of this pedal, but don't like the battery life. This is a good pedal, however it's not the most available or cheap.

This is where it may suffer. Unless you buy the 9v adapter, this beast drains the batteries. I plugged in a 9v, and because I'm lazy and don't unplug my instrument cables, the battery was dead in 4 days. Jeez. However, now that I have the 9v adapter, I'd depend on this without a backup for sure. Nothing like a steady power source.

This pedal is very very easy to use. I had to order it through guitar center because they don't carry it in stock any more, so it arrived fresh in box and with all the information. I didn't bother reading the manual, that's how easy it is to set this thing up. A button to pick whether you want to have a swooping (chorus) or pitch shifting (vibrato) sound. A knob to set the intensity. A pedal to set the speed. simple stuff.

TSCREAM420
    thunderinblack wrote: satch and kirk h use that pedal
    So does Zakk,only in green mode though with Intensity all the way up....he uses it for lighter cleaner tone stuff.....goodbye romance.....momma im coming home....or he uses it for a feedback effect after a song at full speed and intensity!
    TSCREAM420
    FallenFlame332 wrote: Is this the pedal Jim Rott uses for solos?
    If you mean Jim Root, no, he uses a phaser...
    IrishSeann
    FallenFlame332 wrote: Is this the pedal Jim Rott uses for solos?
    He used to record snuff, nothing beyond that