JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah

I use this with a an Ibanez Gio or a Cort knock-off strat(self modified with a floating pickup and 5 strings), a DigiTech Death-Metal pedal (terrible- don't buy), a Boss equalizer, and a Crate GT212. It adds no buzz or hum at all to my sound, only a sweet wah. The wah isn't really for people Who play solos super high on the neck, as it's desined for a lower range. It adds a very full, rich Wah. I cose it over the Crybaby Classic because this is less harsh.

I play mostly grunge (Nirvana), punk (Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat), hardcore (Union 13, Casualties), alternative (Honcho Overload, Fugazi) and Noise (Sonic Youth). This Wah is amazing with tons of distortion on it. And Since most of my band's songs are in Dropped tunings or just weird ones (F#, D, C#, A, E, G#), this wah's excellent low range is vital. This Wah is specially made for a more low sound, which is perfect. I like it more than many of the other Wahs I've tried (Vox, Crybaby Classic, Boss) because it is more compatible with distortion and a low range. Great buy, I would definatley buy it again.

I can and have used it on many gigs without any back up. Dunlop Wahs are made to last. Plus, it with stands my band's craziest practices. My 185 pound friend accidently jumped with his full weight on it, and it was fine. Not that I would reccomend that. never do that on purpose to any pedal.

It comes with an instruction manual. Hint: you don't need it. Even if you don't even know what a Wah is after a couple seconds of playing around you will instantly know how to use it.

Buzzsaw1405
    r_hawthorn -- great review mate, nice and straightforward. Once I get a bit better I think I may even have a look out for a JH1 Wah pedal!
    Justice_Fish
    Can this wah imitate the introduction sounds like ''Purple Haze'' live in Woodstock from Jimi Hendrix? Some like of crunchy sound?