JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I use an Epiphone les paul, a strat knock-off, and a Dean razorback v standard on a Line 6 Spider III amp. Sounds great on any setting, but on high distortion, the lows tend to be faded out, so turn up the bass. Personally I use this pedal for everything I need a wah for. Funk, some jazz, rock solos. Where this pedal really shines is playing classic shred, such as Joe Satriani surfing with the alien. Now you can get classic tones that wont break the bank. Good job Dunlop!

I have tried many other wah pedals, and this one recreates the Jimi Hendrix Voodoo the best. I would definitly buy this product again. This is a great Dunlop product and I love the very crybaby tone it has to it. I have been playing since I was 7, and upgrading ever since. Overall it's a great pedal and a must have. Overall impression: very satisfied.

I definitly depend on this and the few times I've been gigging with it, it has worked like a charm. I can't wait to try it with the Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face (Dunlop). It's very reliable and durable (I have dropped it a few times). Just don't use it with batteries and you should be fine.

This pedal is the best wah I have used yet. It gives you great Jimi vibe tones, and is much better and worth the extra $ than the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah revurb for 69.99. This is my first wah that I have actually bought, not just played, and it is great and worth the price. However, a Boss psa will not work (the newer ones anyways) to plug this pedal in. A one-spot works like a charm. Don't use 9volt batteries on this, they are drained really fast. This is an easy to use, no fancy extras, wah pedal. Back is the starting, then hitting a note and rocking it forward produces a wah. Simple as that!

sirshredalot86
    nice article but isnt the hendrix wah just another chance to exploit his name i mean after all he used the vox v848.
    ArcherTheVMan
    I have to say when I first heard of the hendrix series pedals I thought they were just more money-making ideas from dunlop, but they are actually fantastic pedals! I've been through a fair few wahs (a couple GCB-95s i admit...) and this one is exactly what I've been looking for.
    Chikao42
    I didn't like the Hendrix Wah, didn't give me the sweep I wanted. I'm probably gonna swap my GCB-95 for a Dime or a Wylde.
    14shadesofblue
    get his REAL wah wah the vox 847 and not let his name get ruined by putting it by shit like this?
    Jhachey22
    loop-de-luke wrote: I wanted to get an Ibanez WH-10 or whatever they are that John Frusciante has just because I love his wah sounds with the distortion (especially on Sir Psycho Sexy)... Will this Jimi Hendrix wah give that same kind of sound? My distortion pedals I use are the Marshall Guv'Nor (mainly), Boss DS-1, and my Fender FM212r amp distortions.
    if you want an authentic John Frusciante wah tone, you will heve to get the now discontinued wah. the weeping demon sounds nothing like it. i would suggets getting the jimi wah. much more versitile and 'real' sounding.
    Megadeth2011
    Hendrix may have used the Vox, but comparing it to this pedal makes a big difference. I personally think this pedal is a lot better than the Vox.
    raidernixon
    in my opinion this pedal really is not that great...the sweep is very limited and the tone is kinda "dull" if thats the right word for it. Honestly spend a little extra money on the dime bag crybaby from hell and you'll get so many more possibilities
    ArcherTheVMan
    torstmann wrote: nope he didn't
    yeah he kinda did...he used a jim dunlop one on like One gig ever.
    Snowbag1998
    Hi all, Does this pedal sounds like Satriani's Wah on "TIME :Live insan Francisco ' ? Here the video :
    u can jump to 1:30 to hear it.thanx for answerin'