JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah

The wah sounds best before other modulating effects(chorus, tremolo, flange, etc.) but with distortion before. The sweep is barely noticable if you put wah before distortion so take this into consideration when buying this pedal. This wah easily creates it's namesake sound. Using it with the foot rocked forward adds crunch and definition to palm-muted power chords or shredding rythms. Most see the wah as a soloing cover-up but the jimi hendrix wah doesn't really register when playing high notes(except chords or double-stops). The sound is also not quite as thick as others I've heard.

I use mostly high gain tones but I like the wah better with clean tones because the effect is more noticable to my ears.Chords display the best wahs with distortion but the pedal is as good as most others I've used. 10 years and going strong. the only bad thing about it is that I'll never have to buy another wah pedal again. Go for crybabys when you buy a wah and you won't be disappointed.

Strong as an ox mine is going on ten years and hasn't had any part failures. Weighing several pounds it can easily take stomping and kicking. The on/off button is a little hard to push and the battery lasts no time at all. I kind of like the Morley wahs where you just put your foot on/off to turn it on/off but when using wah on a song you can just generally keep it on and use it as a tone booster.

Plug and play easy! The Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1 Original Thomas Design Wah Wah pedal comes equipped with the standard input/output and 9-volt adapter ready(not included). First off I want to say I bought this pedal about 9 years ago when I first started playing guitar and it is still running strong. The sound is full and it has a nice, smooth sweep through the frequencies. Rock your foot forward and backwards for use.