JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JH-1 Jimi Hendrix Wah Wah

Price paid: C$ 134

Purchased from: Best Buy

I use an SX thinline copy with a Gretsch 6120 humbucker on the neck. Currently I still use my Vox AD50VT I plan to build a few tube amps soon when I get the money. The pedal is very clear, no hum. I am into mostly classic rock and some blues. I don't use Wah much but as far as Wah goes this is good stuff. There are many other good wahs out there I think this is better than the other Dunlop Wah though.

If it were stolen and money was not an issue this would be my wah.

Chrome except for the base, I didn't like how it felt kind of hollow and "delicate" I would gig on this without a backup, Its pretty hard to break a sturdy pedal! The pedal also has a warranty so if I broke it...

This Wah has a very wide range of gain. This can suit many styles. My Vox Wah doesn't even compete. If your looking for the Jimi Hendrix sound though you need to also get a fuzz. This pedal I noticed works at its best when mixed with other effects. The pedal is larger than other pedals and higher. The pot is good as it controls the gain very evenly. It can also run on one 9 volt battery so I can avoid the wire spaghetti. Overall this deserves a 9 because it is great but it is not the best. (wah vs Wah how there used? no difference!)