JH-F1 Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face review by Dunlop

Dunlop: JH-F1 Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face

Purchased from: local music store

I love using this pedal. I play a lot of blues and psychedelic 60s songs, and this pedal is great for both. I do play a lot of Hendrix on it, through either a Strat or a Tele, and it sounds pretty good. When the sound is pretty low, it's missing something, but once the pedal and the amp are cranked, the sound from this is FANTASTIC. I can use it for anything like hard rock to Slide blues. It's pretty noisy, but not noticeable while playing, and gets a ton of feedback when I want it to. Gives good sustain too.

This pedal is a great match for the type of music I play, since I play a lot of Hendrix and Zeppelin style stuff, as well as a lot of Floyd. My band's been doing "Echoes", for which this pedal sounds perfect. As Gilmour used one. Although, as previously stated, I dislike the lack of using another power source, the sound of this pedal makes up for it.

I have used this pedal at gigs, and it hasn't messed up on me at any gig but I'm always worried that it will: I run all of my pedals (usually around 6) through a DC brick pedal power source, and this doesn't have the option of being plugged into a power source. It will either run off a 9V battery or not at all. While this isn't a huge deal, I'm always worried my battery is gonna go in the middle of a live song.

It's a pretty darn easy pedal to use, nothing to mess with but VOLUME and FUZZ levels. It's slightly annoying that the input and output jacks are on the wrong sides, but that doesn't affect the sound or anything of course. It's no bigger than a lot of other standard pedals, and fits nicely on my pedalboard.

P.B.
    BongHooitz
    You could try putting it before your wah... or after. See what works best..
    asakuraboy
    BongHooitz wrote: P.B. wrote: I have an original fuzz face, nice sound, but it doesn't play nice with my wah pedal for some reason. You could try putting it before your wah... or after. See what works best..
    milwaukeerocker
    "it's no bigger than a lot of other standard pedals...." i totally disagree, this takes up two spaces of standard (bozz, ibanez, MXR)size pedals. It's a good sounding pedal, but there are plenty of decent and better fuzz pedals for that type of money that have a power adaptor jack too, just sayin'
    Grif22
    This is more a suggestion, but you can get adapters for your power bricks/pedal PSUs, which end in a 9volt clip (or you can make one if you have a 9v clip, a spare PSU cable, and are feeling adventurous)
    NHECOS
    Dardar1989 wrote: In my experience a wah pedal sounds better after a fuzz pedal, not before.
    THIS.
    Baggie-Carl
    You can use a Virtual battery from theGIGRIG.com i do it works great it connects from my power supply brick to the Fuzzface battery clip simple. also Fuzzfaces never work properly with Wah pedals even Hendrix had problems you need a buffer on the Wah you can get a kit to fit but it needs some expertise to fit.