KH-95 Kirk Hammett Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: KH-95 Kirk Hammett Cry Baby

Purchased from: ebay

I use this Cry Baby wired to my Jackson RR3 guitar and my Fender Frontman 15G amplifier(Not the best amplifier in the world but it sounds decent). The Wah sounds pretty awesome and I can easily get a similar sound of Kirk's legendary solo's, but not the exactly the same.

I play lots of stuff by Metallica, Iron Maiden, GnR, Pantera etc, and it suits all of them. I have been playing for over 4 years, however this is the first and only Wah pedal I tried and so far it's the best one *laughs*. If it was lost or stolen I would save up for a DCR1SR Cry Baby Rack Wah (The type Kirk uses), I really love this pedal but that's what I would do.

Packed into a small rectangular steel bulletproof casing(I dunno about the bulletproof part, It was just a joke though it could be) this pedal can withstand brutal stomping and falls. I would without a doubt use this pedal on a gig without a backup. It doesn't drain much battery power either, I have been using the pedal for months without a battery change and yet it still sounds the same. In conclusion you don't have to go to a store every now and then just to get a battery.

The KH-95 Kirk Hammett Signature Cry Baby Wah is easy to use, great sounding and good looking. Dunlop's engineers took Kirk's EQ, volume and tone settings and packed it all into a small rectangular shaped steel box. Developed in close collaboration with Kirk Hammett himself. With Kirk approved graphics and a list of Kirk's favorite Wah solo's underneath the pedal. It's not hard at all to operate this pedal, all you have to do is Switch on the bypass(on/off switch) and start playing those crazy Wah solo's. The pedal can be powered using a Dunlop ECB003 AC adapter or a single 9V battery.

johann
    markisouvlaki wrote: So what's the difference between this wah and a regular crybaby aside from the price? That would have been useful information...
    I have both the regular and the Kirk wah, im telling you, theres a huge difference specially on the high end. i find the regular tend to overshoot the highs and makes it sounds bad. also the regular make alot of hiss sound. Ive had and tried so many wahs and the Kirk one I find 2nd best in my opinion behind the Zakk Wylde Wah.