KH-95 Kirk Hammett Cry Baby review by Dunlop

Dunlop: KH-95 Kirk Hammett Cry Baby

Purchased from: Guitar Center Sacramento

The only reason why I do not give this sound a 10 is because it is only one sound. But the sound it gives is in my opinion the best Wah for any guitar that is significantly over-driven. I run a basic live set-up: either a BC Rich Beast w/ EMG 81/85 set or a Schecter Tempest Custom with Invader pickups run through a Line 6 Spider 2 head and a Fender Roc Pro Cab. If you play metal this is THE Wah to own. I was also impressed how it holds its tone even while tuned in B or lower.

This Wah pedal replaced my Dunlop 535Q pedal that was stolen at a live gig, and now I'm glad it was stolen. While the 535Q is a Top Tier and very versatile pedal, I was frustrated by the 3 knobs and volume boost that I'd have to double, sometimes triple, check before we hit the stage. Even after that it still might not have been the sweet spot I loved. If you are a player who likes to change sounds on stage or are looking for versatile studio equipment to match many types of music, the 535Q may be a better choice... BUT if you are familiar with the Kirk Hammett Wah sound you know that it can fit many situations. I play B F# B E G# C# tuning for our live sets and this pedal still screams. Like I said earlier, this is the BEST metal Wah ever and will always be in my rig from now on, no exceptions. If you are in the market for a Wah pedal, no matter what type of music you play, at least give this pedal a try. You'll be glad you did.

This is a very reliable pedal. I have played live with this pedal about a dozen times so far and has exceeded my expectations every time. The trigger to turn the effect on and off isn't too hard, and not too soft. This is my 3rd Wah pedal that I have owned, and 2nd that has joined me on stage and I can tell you from experience that this will be the last one I buy.

This Wah pedal is exceptionally easy to use. Its simplicity is only matched by its sound. Unlike other Wah's, the KH edition isn't surrounded by knobs to adjust the sound. While this may turn some versatile players off, not having to worry about 2 or 3 knobs being in the exact right spot is a relief while on stage. Plug the guitar into the pedal, the pedal to the amp and that is it!

cheesefries
    wtf did these people even do a review. 15 watt solid states and zoom pedals... Giving it a 7 when you say "it sounds great!" All of these reviews are bedroom noobs.