MXR DD-11 Dime Distortion review by Dunlop

Dunlop: MXR DD-11 Dime Distortion

I am playing through a Peavey Windsor all tube head and a Bugera Cab. The head has pretty much the basic setup with a decent British style distortion, When you plug this thing it it turns into a metal beast! I just got a Washburn Culprit Dime sig guitar that really shows the tone and playing style he had. I also have a Kramer Striker 300-ST with the Dimebucker in it and it shreds like a metal stallion.

I have been playing around 3 to 4 years and I play metal to blues and this suits my metal taste just well. I am a Dime fanatic and I love that this Pedal can give you almost the same tone that he had. If it was stolen I'd probably find another one but I got this one for a steal at $45 so I am more than happy with it and is advise many to buy it and share in the great metal tone that Dime had!

This pedal is made out of aluminum or metal either way it seems pretty sturdy, only complaint would be that I wish the camo was actually painted on besides a full body decal. This thing could defiantly be used for gigging without a second thought.

When I got the Dime distortion pedal it was just the power supply and the pedal so when it came to getting a good tone out of it I whent online to find the manual. The first time I tried to set it it sounded like a P.O.S. but when you fiddle with it you get that signature Dimebag tone that blasts out brutal tones.

RndyW0
    Shredboy wrote: great pedal this is... I just bought one... my dean should sound awesome thru it!
    I use my Razorback through it, freakin amazing. If you're looking for a Pantera sound then hit the scoop button. If you're looking for a Pantera sound, then take off the scoop button. Sounds brilliant playing anything else but Pantera as it is very much like Dimebag is playing in that band.
    milwaukeerocker
    we used to have pedal tournaments at the music store i worked at.....and this hunk of crap never made it outta the 1st round. we used a fender twin and an orange tiny terror. boo to this pedal.
    wahmett
    I own this pedal for quite some time and this pedal really has a unique character as compared with other distortion pedals. It has a wide range of EQ that you can experiment to get the exact tone you really need. It can go from deep rhythm to lunging lead tone. The scoop switch is also very useful if you want a massive tone to go by with your drummer and bassist. I use this mostly for my rhythm and my boss power stack for my solos since the latter can really cut through the low frequency of the drummer and bassist. IDK if other guitarist will do the same but this is my preference which I have been doing for a long time.