MXR EVH Phase 90 review by Dunlop

Dunlop: MXR EVH Phase 90

Purchased from: Online

I'm using this with a Jackson DK2M Dinky, into a Randall RG50TC. I noticed no noise, this is not a Behringer pedal. The phasing sounds great for leads and tapping, kinda like a light wah going in and out slowly. It gives a great 'liquidy' sound when clean, but for rhythm playing it sounds kinda bad if you overuse it. This is where you use a flanger instead of phaser.

I've been playing for 3 years, and this is 'Technically' the third phaser I've used. The other ones were an amps built in effects and a multi-effects pedal. If it was stolen/lost I probably wouldn't buy it again, because I need an Overdrive pedal. If I got an Overdrive and chorus, and EQ, I would buy the MXR PHASE 100, since it's the same but with a proper mix knob.

I've had this for over a year, and it's never failed. However, the first website I ordered this from sent me a faulty one. I sent it back and got one that worked. A while later it stopped working. I sent it back and got another faulty one. Sent that back and got another faulty one. So I got my money back and ordered it from another place, which worked fine. All that hassle for a phaser?

This has one knob, and a script/reissue button switcher. The knob changes the speed of the phasing effect and the button is like a mix knob; not pushed in is 100% of the phaser, pushed in is 50% of the phaser. You have to unscrew the back (4 screws) to get to the battery, and there is a 9-volt adaptor slot. It's easy to get to your Eruption; put the phaser before distortion, script Switch in, and speed knob to 10. The manual doesn't say much apart from this suggestion, but they say to put it on 9.

Dookie92
    Yeah, this pedal is awesome, possibly my favorite of all of my pedals. If you play Eruption with it, youll swear your listening to the actual song off of the album.
    deanplayer18
    i want this pedal luv eddie and this pedal looks as tho it can do a good job producing that signiture eruption sound with and od pedal mxr makes the best artist signiture products and there easy to use and dont have like four to sixe different knobs on every pedal to make shit confusing
    VengefulTANK17
    I paid $70 new at Guitar Center for this pedal and I love it. Deffinetly worth it. I love the fact that you can use the mix knob for your own setting and then push the small button for EVH's sound.