MXR M-102 Dyna Comp Review

manufacturer: Dunlop date: 04/26/2006 category: Guitar Effects
Dunlop: MXR M-102 Dyna Comp
The Dyna Comp is a compressor that lets you set a maximum output level and the sensitivity at which it kicks in. This device can produce that percussive, clicky sound on a clean guitar that you've heard on so many pop hits. It can also even out the volume of sustained tones for mellow lead work.
 Ease of Use: 9
 8.6
 7.5
 9.7
 1,420
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
MXR M-102 Dyna Comp Reviewed by: razordimeback, on april 26, 2006

Ease of Use: It is really easy to get a good sound out of it because it only has two knobs, ouput for the volume and sensitivity for the presence of the effect. Finding what you need is really easy even if this is not the best compression pedal you will get. I did not get the manual since I got it used as a gift. Mine is not a re-issue as the ones are it is the original one so the sound is better. // 9

Sound: I use it with a Randall G2 series and an Ibanez RG Prestige. This pedal is a bit noisy but you really have to turn it off before getting your distortion on because it destroys your tone and hums very much. The compression is very nice I use it to play sweet home alabama and get that acoustic compression sound that the song has. If it would be true bypass it would be really better and also if it would not buzz when I put my distortion on. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would not use it without a backup because it has no plug to use a jack since it's the very first version of it. I wouldn't also use it for a gig because there is no led to indicate if it is on so I have to play to see the difference. // 6

Overall Impression: I mostly play metal and rock so this pedal is not really useful, but I love it when I want to play soft things. I've been playing fo roughly 2 years and I also own a DF-7 and a GE-7. If it were lost, I would consider cheking for another brand like Boss or Electro-Harmonix. I hate the fact that it does not have a led to indicate on and off and that it has no 9v jack. I polan to customize it to add these things. Other than that, I really like it. // 8

Comments