MXR M151 Doubleshot Distortion review by Dunlop

Dunlop: MXR M151 Doubleshot Distortion

I'm working with an abundant of effects but I use a Fender deluxe 90 amp, a Vox AD100VT amp as well as a Fender Mex strat and Fender Jaguar (12 years old). I would have to say that the distortion can lose it's clarity when using any modeling pedals, but that can be fixed with any pedal in the eq or compressor family. This pedal can give you a nice twange or a heavy sound. It can be noisy like all distortion pedals, nothing a noise gate can't shut up.

I play many many styles but if you had to concise it down or give it a label it would be progressive experimental funk rock, but I also do a solo acoustic work as well. If you want to hear it check my profile. I've been playing for 9 years going on 10 and I've gone through many a distortion pedal like the Boss DS-1, MD-2 and SD-1 Dual Overdrive. I gotta say this has been my best one. If someone stole as it would never break, I'd assassinate the thief and take back my pedal.

This pedal hasn't let me down at all and would never gig with a backup.

The MXR Double shot Distortion pedal is a little Black Box of versatile dreams. It has two distinct channels that are easy to Switch to with their own personalities. Channel one is a bit on the lighter side with a clear sound. The 2nd channel is "heavier" with an almost percussive sound, but doesn't lose any clarity. Each channel has a focus knob and it's own eq settings of volume, treb, mid, bass, and gain. It's very easy to use and very tweakable.

drakone
    Excellent pedal. A must have if You want to have a versatile distortion box. It works great with tube amps, and with solidstate too. Recomended minimum 2x12 to feel the real power of this one