MXR M151 Doubleshot Distortion review by Dunlop

Dunlop: MXR M151 Doubleshot Distortion

Price paid: € 150

The sound quality is great! Not noisy at all, and it's a 18V! At 1. channel you have an array of metal tones. Really crunchy, thick tone that you can experiment with, and when you press the focus Switch on- BUM... you get grinding scooped tone, that I fell in love with first time I heard it. The 2. channel is a bit disappointing because it has too much bass, and sounds like fuzz on steroids, but really crunchy! Focus button only makes it worse!

I play heavy and trash metal, and a bit of hard rock, and it suits my style really well! I mostly use 1. channel with focus on so I can get the scooped sound that is similar to the early 'tallica or Pantera sound. I love it! It could be better only if both channel where the same, so you can make one scooped rhythm tone, and one tone for solos that has more mids. If it were stolen or lost, I would be very sad because they don't make these pedals no more, so it would be very hard to find a new one!

Hey, it's a tank. Really sturdy pedal. Like a brick! Have it for year an a half now, and I never had a problem with it! Not a single one! I'm using it on gigs without any backup, and I know most of you would say that I'm wrong, but I have full confidence in it! I don't know what should I do to it, to make it not work. There's always a way, yes, but in normal circumstances it could outlast you!

There's a wide range of sounds in this box, and if you now what kind of sound are you searching for, it's really easy, to find a good sound! The manual that comes with it gives a good starting point! Needs some time to find the sound you want, but it's inside, trust me, and once you find it, you can't go wrong. It has two channels- 1. channel is Dime and it's really good for metal; 2. channel is Marshall type of dist! Don't use too much, because it's too bassy! Focus button for both channel!

pedro.sequeira.
    I have one, and when I bought it I had a small fender g-dec junior amp and the freaking black box from hell thing blew my small fender so hard that I had to buy another amp. now I have a VOX VT-120+ its a 2x12 amp and the sound that the mxr produce on it is amazing and powerful. its a great pedal if you have a amp that can hold the beast inside of the freaking black box.
    sexyhiggins
    anyone played a bass through one of these? how are the low notes? for a bass, this or a big muff???
    2Ties
    bass sounds great, but make sure to turn up the bass and/or the output, cuz if you dont you tend to lose that low end a bit... i just use it mostly when im playing lemmy-ish parts or solos, but it is a phenomenal pedal, i highly recommend it to any adventurous bass player