MXR ZW44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive Pedal review by Dunlop

Dunlop: MXR ZW44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive Pedal

Purchased from: eBAY

I love Zakk's sound. That is one of the reasons I wanted the pedal. If the only reason you want the pedal is for his sound. The sound is amazing never the less. Great sustain and great crunch. I would definately get it if you want more power from your amp. I use a Vintage Crate amp, Aspen guitar and a DigiTech RP200A pedal and it makes every note have its own soul. I play heavy metal and it kicks but in sound. A DigiTech pedal is not the best but this "Wylde" beast takes it to a new level.

Every pinch harmonic stands out. It will give your sound balls. I think it is a good pedal for any type of music. It gives you more for your money and offers exactly what it is called. It overdrives your rack 10 fold to me. I don't exactly have a rack but I can tell by what it does for me that it should get all 5.

The thing is built like a tank. It would bring your whole pedal board with it if you accidentaly stepped on the cord. Everything is secure. It is the toughest pedal I have seen.

This stomp box is pretty easy to use. There is three nobs so it's not that hard. It is a little hard to get the sound you want. A red led light comes on so you can tell when it's on, and believe me, you can tell when it is on anyway. Can be used without wall plug-in, by battery of course, it's not magic.