MXR ZW44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive Pedal review by Dunlop

Dunlop: MXR ZW44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive Pedal

Purchased from: Music Stop,Sydney Nova Scotia

When I went in to try this pedal out, there was 2 people about age 16 looking at me. Thinking they were so much better but when I got this pedal, a Les Paul and an MG100DFX with the Wylde Overdrive (my set up at home) and kicked out a few solos. They wouldn't even look me in the eye. For me being younger then them (15) and showing them up was a treat. This doesn't give me much troble feedback-wise, I'd get a noise gate just incase. I recently blew my amp with this pedal because it just sounds so damn good turned up so loud. It makes sliding down ur strings sound like a thunderstorm!

I play mainly classic rock and metal. I've been playing for 5 years and I must say the sound I'm getting now is probubly the best I've ever had. I love how it just brings so much power even playing on my practise amp sounds like a Marshall with this baby on. I have a Boss distortion pedal that doesn't even come close to this pedal. I'd recommend this to any player. Simply one of the best out there.

This thing is a tank just like Zakk himself. I could probubly drop this pedal off a 15 story roof and it would still be in good shape. And for a gig there's no way youd need a back up.

This is one of the greatest pedals I have ever used. This is a huge part of my sound now. It gives off great distortion which is perfect for high pitched solos and crunching chords. For anyone who loves Zakk's sound or just wants to make there sound louder and more aggressive this is the pedal.