SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah

Purchased from: Mr. Entertainment

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus for a guitar. I also have a DigiTech GNX3 multieffects pedal and I play everthing through a Line6 spider 212 amplifier. I've been playing my Slash wah in front of the GNX3 and it works great. It also works great without the GNX3. The pedal itself is just an original Dunlop crybaby wah with a distortion circuit built in and all put together in a sweet metallic red case. On the side of the pedal there is two knobs one for volume and one for gain to control the distortion circuit. The only problem I have with it is you can't turn up either of the knobs very high before you get ridiculous feedback when you Switch on the distortion circuit as this pedal is a very high gain pedal. So if you keep it low it works fine and it still works great. When you turn on the distortion you get that little bit of extra kick so you cut through the rest of the sounds so people can your your solo good. I love the sound of this pedal, you sound just like Slash and with that distortion circuit it makes this pedal amazing.

Over all I love this pedal. I play lots of classic rock and hard rock as well as blues. So basically I play the same styles that Slash play and it works great for me. I do play other stuff like Metallica and AC/DC and it still works great. It's a very versatile pedal for almost anything. I've been playing electric for about 7 years and I've had this pedal for about half a year. If I lost it or it got stolen I would definately buy this pedal again. I love the distortion circuit as that allows you to play lots of different sounds.

You can definately depend on this pedal and I have gigged with it and it never let me down. The only problem I have had is that one time the pedal wah sound got stuck on the low wah tone that you get when the pedal is on and all the way tilted back. But it turns out my potenitometer just had a bit of dirt in it but that is typical of most wahs.

This pedal is a very simple pedal to operate. It's got the Fasel clicker and you just tap it once to turn on and again to turn the wah off. When you turn it on you will know as it has a blue led light on both sides of the pedal that come on. Then for the distortion circuit you just tap a button on the side of the pedal and a red led on both sides will light up then you know that the distortion circuit is in use. Sometimes it's a little difficult to get the distortion circuit on or off quickly as it's a little tricky to hit with your foot without sliding the whole pedal. The nice thing is that the wah and the distortion circuit are independant of each other so you can use the wah without the distortion. All though the distortion doesn't do anything when you have it on by itself. The bypass works great when the pedal isn't on, it's like the pedal isn't even there. If you use batteries you load them in the top of the pedal and not the bottom so that's kinda cool.

Ric Cyanide
    i tried this pedal the other day...it looks amazing and sounds even better!!!..once i have the money i'm definitely running to the guitar shop to grab me one of these.. i like how they've kept the swept really close to that of the crybaby original but its got more sparkle than the original and the distortion circuit which adds so much to this pedal...lt costs more than any other crybaby, but its worth the price...