SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah

Purchased from: American store and shipped

I am using the slash wah through my Epiphone G-400 Custom, Behringer Xv-amp and Marshall MG15CD. It sounds pretty good with all this, however, I would recomend having a better amplifier then a Marshall MG as the slash wah sounds sooo much better through a better amp. I think probably the best way to use it is with amp distortion and through basically nothing else. That's how Slash uses it and it works for him! I think you have to grace the Slash wah with The View that it's a proffesional standard pedal and needs good gear to reveal it's full potential. As it is I can get good slash sounds and hendrix type things anyway. The wah sounds great on clean, just amazing and the bypass doesn't sap anything. It is an extremely sensitive. I give it an 8 through my current rubbish set up, but a 10 through better.

For the styles of play I use it for (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver and various others) it's great. I've been playing for three years and have had this for 3 months. At the moment I think it's good but I think when I get a better amp it will be hugely better and it's sturdy construction makes me confident it will last that long! it's a damn good wah, check it out!

This is an amazingly sturdy pedal, I have used it in a gig once so far and it's perfect, I would not need a back up. just don't leave the input plugged in 'cause you will lose all your battery power very fast. I have allready done this and the extra 9v batteries would lead to a lot of expense over time!

Nothing to difficult for anyone to work out, you simply push down to turn it on and again to turn it off. To activate the distortion circuit you tap in a small button on the right hand side with your foot and get a big gain boost. The manual doesnt't really need to say much as anything you need to know is printed on the base. So basically it's a wah, you work it out! A nice extra is you load the 2x9v batteries through a rubber hatch on top, quite cool!

Jimbleton
    is it worth buying considering what some hve said about the possible damage to my amp, cos i was wondering whether to get this or the zakk wylde wah or teh dimebag one
    Guitar-Nooby
    Slash Is My F##### Idol!! Shit! i have this DigiTech RP200A Its...Alright..I guess, i mainly use the WAH and The Distortion, Not much else.. Yea wen i get some money ima definitly buy this Pedal! Sounds Awesome!
    wilmearz
    taken me a while but hav finally clicked wiv dis pedal, sounds awesome!!!!
    kevin118
    i read in some other webite that when this pedal is used with a digital amp it produces a unbearable feedback it that true?cause i am using a peavy 10 watt practice amp and i am thinking of getting this pedal.
    wilmearz
    yep kevin118 that is the case even slash only uses the disto to boost his solo slightly on some songs. dont buy this just for the disto circuit especially as you cant use it separately.
    queenslander47
    i really want this pedal. sounds sweet. plus its a "Slash" model which is reason enough for me to buy it