SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah

I currently use this pedal with a Marshall MG HDFX100 amplifier, metal muff distortion pedal, and a Epiphone SG standard guitar. It works extremely well through this setup and can get you the tone of Slash easily. The effects on it are great (the wah) except for the distortion. When I switch the distortion on it will make a loud screeching noise unless you are playing on the guitar. It is a horrible sound and is a setting I never use on it.

So I mostly play rock and metal and this thing is fantastic for both of those styles. You can go from the great tone of Guns N' Roses to the metal tone of the Killing In The Name Of solo. I have played for 2 years now and this pedal is just a great thing to have. The only thing I dislike on the pedal is the distortion feature, it is terribly noisy and makes your tone horrible sounding.

This pedal holds itself together even when I drop it while packing up my gear or stomp on it at practice. It is great for gigs and you won't need another wah pedal to back this thing up. It is easily a must for the gig and won't leave you disappointed through its tone.

This pedal is extremely easy to use. The only difficulty with it is if you are sitting down and you have to turn it on it can become a little difficult to get it to click on. Other than that there is nothing that makes this pedal hard to use. The manual that comes with it clearly explains about the knobs on the side and what they are used for.