SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah

The wah on it is amazing, sounds just like Slash. Its kind of hard to get used to at first but it has a sweet mid tone bite that just delivers the wah into whatever kind of music you want. However teh distortion circuit on it isn't so great. It has ALOT of high piched feed back when you aren't playing. And when you drop the wah to the "heel down" position the volume drops immediately.

I play rock, metal, heavy metal, pop rock, punk, all of that stuff. I've been playing for 3 years and I own a 1988' Gibson Les Paul, a rare 1959 Gibson Les Paul (not the reissue, the real thing), I got it from a friend who gave it to me as a gift for my 18th birthday. I also own a Dunlop crybaby rack wah, and use a Marshall DSL 100 half stack, and a Marshall JVM 205 full stack. This wah could use a readjustment on the distortion though.

I can depend on this wah for anything. When I play live with my band this thing just flys through all the other sound. The first one I got from guitar center broke as soon as I plugged it in, it didn't have any sound at all. So I drove back and got a Brand New one. I took it home, plugged it in and it was amazing, though its not as good as my Rackmounted crybaby, its pretty close.

Its just as simple as any other wah pedal, except for that the battery compartment is in the front of the wah pedal, the opening for it isn't that hard its kind of flimsy but its clever. And to power it you need two 9V batteries or an ECB-004 18V adapter. No other 18V adapter will work on it.