SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah

Purchased from: amazon.com

I am using this Wah pedal with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Roland cube 20X. I am mostly a hobbyist, but play a few gigs sometimes. The Wah sounds great for hard rock and metal, and really cuts through any other sounds and shines. The distortion is ok, and other people might say it screeches, but it only does if you turn the gain too high. It is good for a boost on a solo. The Wah is strong, and truly has the sound of slash. When I play this wah, I feel like I am playing like slash. This Wah nailed slash's sound, and sounds amazing on songs like sweet child o mine and slither. It is decent for other Wah sounds, but is mainly for slash. For soft rock and clean, it is decent, but since it is a very nasaly and slashy wah, it is loud and isnt really the softest thing. It is still a great Wah and definitely is great for intermediate players who love Slash and want a great Wah pedal. Also, it is unique, and is good for making your own music.

Overall, this is a great Wah pedal is great. If you like hard rock/metal and love the sound of slash, get this. It is a perfect match, and even though Slash really uses the 600 $ crybaby rack wah, it nails the sound of Slash perfectly. I have been playing for two years, and am an advanced player. I play things from metallica to led zeppelin, including a lot of GNR. I love this product and I am happy with it. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another one. I love the sound, and the cutting sound which makes your solo shine. My favorite feature is just the wah. I compared it the the Kirk Wah, which was also an excellent product, but that Wah did not sound good at all, for GNR sounds. I think it is perfect, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves rock and GNR and needs a Wah pedal.

This pedal is very reliable and durable. It is built like a brick, and I assume if it is dropped, it will still be fine. I can defintiely depend on it. Although some people say "it feels like it will break under your foot", I disagree. It does feel a little wobbly, but definitely is not. The reason is that it is very sensitive, and gives you a very precise sound. When you play it it feels very stable, and you can control how much Wah you want. I would use it in a gig without backup definitely.

The Dunlop Slash Wah pedal is a great, smooth Wah pedal. It is very simple to use, and can be figured out even without a manual. Just plug it in and turn it on. Just click all the way to turn it on, and play. To turn on the distortion circuit, just click the red button on the side. There are LED lights to tell you if the Wah or distortion is on. just push to use the Wah (like any other Wah pedal...)

PetePel
    Well, I bought this POS about a week ago. I had the original 'Cry Baby' years ago, so I thought that it would be an improvement over that. Sorry 'Slash' you are a great guitarist, but you really, really, really suck at electronics. I tried every setting and position possible. You can not get a decent sound out of this 'thing'. Screechy, noizy, poor range, Your ears will beg for the off button. But you say, turn off the distortion button, if you do, sounds like someone turned the lights out, very dull sounding, this Wah has no range, on or off. What makes a Wah sound neat is the 'sweeping effect you can get. Forget playing Hendrix stuff with this, If you do, he'll turn in his grave. I exchanged it for the original 'Cry Baby'. That sound like the way a Wah should. Watch the YouTube reviews of this, those 'Slash' wannabe 17 y/o kids screeching away. Sorry 'Slash', but you know how important good gear is, You should only endorse high quaility products - you are a high quality guitarist, don't be lowering yourself with this shit. DO NOT BUY THE SLASH WAH period.