ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah

Purchased from: Buzz Music

The guitars I am using at the moment are 2 SGs 1 Epiphone SG Custom tuned to D and a Gibson Tony Iommi Signature SG tuned to C#. The amp is a Laney GH50l & 4x12 cabinet. The wah tone from this pedal is the best I have ever heard. A little throatier and fatter tone to the standard cry baby which I also own. The standard cry baby never sounded very good with a heavily distorted amp, but this one handles it really well. I can now get the sound of Electric Funeral and I have finally after much practise have nailed the solo to the 1976 classic Dirty Women. So excellent wah tone! 10 on the sound.

I play Black Sabbath so this pedal is a good match for that, even though Tony Iommi hardly ever uses a wah on many of his studio recordings he dose some good improvisations live with one a Tychobrahe I think and it sounds awsome so I use one now on alot more solos. I have been playing for about 6 years now and have 2 other wahs a Vox and a Dunlop Standard Cry Baby. This one beats them both and possibly any other wah in my opinion. If it were lost or stolen I would go and buy another one. I like how you can adjust the rocker, I tighten it up seems easier for me that way. I did compare this with a Dimebag Darrel wah but I didn't like the army pattern look and the sound in this is exactly what I wanted. Good for anyone who plays rock or metal.

This thing is also one of the strongest looking pedals I have ever seen. Probably because it has no paint, it is just plain chrome. But thats ok because thats what my standard crybaby looks like now to, the paint has worn off most of it. I would use it at a gig without a backup without a problem.

It is a wah pedal the easiest of all pedals to use. Plug it in and rock it!

Gitter_Wizard
    this thing sucks, it works better on a bass than it does on a guitar, because the hz is for lower strings.