ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah review by Dunlop

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Wah

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

The sounds it's possible to get out of this thing are just incredible and many can be achieved just by timing ur foot differently. Extremely fat in the heel down position and all the screamage anyone could ever need in the toe down position. Best results in my opinion are achieved by hitting a note with the wah in heel down, bend the note up and synch ur foot up with the bend and slap a big ol' vibrato on there to really get her singin. But, like I say, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and nobody needs another one so try one out and make up yer own damn mind.

Overall impression? It's a full blown work of musical art is what it is. Just plug 'er in and let 'er wail, if you don't got the chops, then don't buy more expensive equipment to bog you down and clutter up the place, a good rule of thumb is don't buy equipment cause you think it'll make you play better or sound better, wait a couple years until ur ready to take advantage of upgraded playability and sound before you spend a lot of money on shit you'll use once or twice.

Well it's made out of 3mm thick steel all around so I dun think I'll have problems. As for gigging without a backup, that's a big no-no no matter what equipment ur using. It looks pretty spill-proof and it can take all of my weight comin down on it (and I'm no lightweight) so maybe I'd chance it if I absolutely had to but that show would be no fun cause I'd be worried about breakin my shit the whole time.

It's got 1 input, 1 output, 1 DC9V jack and one Switch, and no knobs to f--k around with. Brings new meaning to plug and play. Just pop a battery in the bottom, plug in, crank up the gain and getcha pull off that shit. As far as getting a good sound out of it, you just need to figure out how to time ur wah sweepage with the peaks of your "drama" notes and screamage galore results. Manual is as straightforward as the pedal.